Our Transformation

A 1912 postcard of the Library.

A 1912 postcard of the Library.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The following photos show the transformation of the our library building which occurred in the past few years, when we wrapped on a new addition. The addition gives us more space for books, including a growing non-fiction collection, better access for all patrons with the ADA compliant walkway and lift, and other opportunities to expand and increase our services.

Original building prior to addition.

Original building prior to addition.

 

 

 

Addition starts to take shape.

Addition starts to take shape.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The new exterior, June 2011.

The new exterior, June 2011.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Gas fireplace glows in the rejuvenated front room renamed in memory of Sue Fisher Morin.

Gas fireplace glows in the rejuvenated front room renamed in memory of Sue Fisher Moren.

The Sue Fisher Morin Memorial Reading Room, our rejuvenated front room.

Another view of the Sue Fisher Moren Memorial Reading Room.

 

The new reading room opened to the public on Saturday, December 10, 2011.